Friday, January 23, 2009

Heartbroken

A Godly woman that I got to know through Project Ryan emailed me the story of a local family...

http://thetuleys.blogspot.com/

Their story is unreal. Their faith is true and real.

Their son Jacob's day of birth is to be this Monday, January 26th.

There is so much I don't understand but things I do know...

1) Nothing surprises my God

2) My Jesus is perfect

3) My God has known Jacob before he was in the womb

4) My Lord is the Ultimate Physician

5) God hears every petition His people bring to Him


Would you join me praying and/or fasting on Monday?

I believe God will be glorified through Jacob's life.

Scripture that I will be proclaiming over Jacob's life ... In John 9, when the disciples and Jesus came upon a man who had been blind since birth, they asked Jesus who sinned, his father or mother, that resulted in the man being blind.

"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life." (John 9:3)


When Mary and Martha sent word to Jesus that their brother Lazarus was sick, Jesus responded ...

"This sickness is not to end in death, but for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified by it." (John 11:4 )

LORD, You are my Creator, the One who formed me, and You said, “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, nor will the flame burn you. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.” (Isaiah 43:1-3 )

2 comments:

Tisha Alexander said...

Wow, I will be praying for that family!

We got a laptop today. It is a 4GB Gateway. I am excited to have something to bring to Ethiopia. We weren't planning on getting anything before the trip.

Tisha Alexander said...

Oh and thanks for all your help!!