Monday, May 25, 2009

Extended Update & Gratitude

So the family who told us we hit the 'jackpot' gave us another update last night...

Your boy is FAT AND SASSY! He and Finn are best buddies, at one point I looked over and they were holding hands, I melted in a puddle!! They had the same special mothers and were in the same rooms. 'A' is a very happy boy, I think I spent the most time with him over all the other babies. I fed him a bottle, and worked with the special mothers to get him to "smile". OH! The best thing! I noticed his bouncy seat was always rocking - then I noticed he was flexing his sholders and making it GO! It was the cutest thing ever - smart little grasshopper! He's very content and happy to watch the world go by.

Amazing update. Go check out Mr. Finn here. Thank you Hull family!! ... we are forever grateful for these updates!

Today is Memorial Day ... a day so easy to think of as the first day I get off work for a holiday in the year. Memorial Day is so much more than cookouts and a day off work. It is a time to reflect on the sacrifices thousands of men and women have made so that you and I can have the freedoms that we take for granted today. Thank a soldier today; say a prayer for our military today; take a few minutes to reflect on how grateful you are to live in a land that has the freedoms that we have.

Happy Memorial Day!

6 comments:

Tisha Alexander said...

What a great update!!! Fat and Sassy, I love it. :)

We spent sometime this morning having the boys watch Fox News with us, while they were at the Arlington Cementary. What a wonderful time to teach them about our military heroes.

nell ann said...

That's a great update! So much info...lucky you! Silas sounds awesome. I can't wait to meet him this coming week!

DrewCareyShow said...

You guys!!! We are so excited that you passed court and will soon be on your way to bring your son home! Wahoo!!! I've just read through your past few updates to get all caught up, and I love little man Silas's room! He will too. It's clear how much you already love that little guy even before being placed in your arms. Let me just tell you, it only gets better and better and better... can't wait to read your updates as you plan for your trip and are united with your precious little son. Much love to you all!

Dawn said...

Isn't Kim the best?! So happy she was able to give you that awesome update!! Jaxson wore that "i love my big sister bib" too in some of the update pictures we got!! Our families and friends were like "umm does he have an older sister???" haha - too funny!

Beth said...

Hey Luchts! Just wanted to let y'all know I'm praying, too, out here in Texas. What a journey- so wonderful! God's blessings to you all and little Silas- I am praying for him today, too!

Beth Herndon from WOC

vdersu said...

Troy & Amber...

Ever since you dropped by our Snappy in M'boro, I have been following your blog and am SO excited for you guys! i know you can't wait to meet your little guy and hold him in your arms.

Our daughter, Chaltu, is leaving for Ethiopia on Saturday (with her Aunt) to spend the summer with her grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.....we're all jealous :-)

Looking forward to hearing about your next step.

Vivian Dersu