Sunday, May 17, 2009

Keep On Keeping On....

This weekend was more of the same around here ... trying to get things done at the house before we bring Silas home. Yesterday consisted of a little more nursery work. We got his wall Scripture put up and got a couple things more organized. Only thing left is waiting on the blinds to arrive. We had to special order them because of the window sizes and apparently they're being shipped from China. Hopefully we'll get them mid week this week, get them hung, and do the nursery reveal soon.

Today's work was inside and outside ... inside consisted of organizing the office for me ... so much paperwork to go through, organize, shred, etc. I'm probably about 80% done but the last part that's left is the worst .... we always we leave the worst til last. Outside was mowing, weedeating, and trimming bushes. Sitting on the mower for a couple hours always allows me to think about things. Today it gave me a chance to really think what being a father would be like. How when I would be mowing, Silas would be at the window smiling and waving at me. How I could give him his first ride on the mower ... or when Amber would allow me to do that :) How I won't want to do anything else but be home with him, hanging out with him and Amber, and enjoying our family. Without a doubt, it will be one of the best things Amber and I will get to experience in our lives.

Amber's been busy nesting. She's been doing a great job around here ... she's even been cleaning places I didn't know existed. I still have a few more things that I'd like to get done around here before we travel. If we could somehow make the June 1st Embassy date, it's unreal to think we could be traveling in 12 days! That would mean we could meet our son in 2 weeks. With court 2 nights away, we're praying for favor. That our God would fill that courtroom and that He will be glorified in there. Of course, we've already asked/told God probably 1000 times that we'd prefer to pass the first time around. No matter what, we will praise Him. He is in absolute control ... there is nothing we can do but turn to Him. We will be fasting and praying for supper Tuesday night through lunch on Wednesday to match the timeline of when court will be. If so led, feel free to join us. We covet your prayers and thank you for joining in this God journey with us.

OK, off to eat and shuffle more papers in the office.

6 comments:

Ron & Maria said...

What a great visual - not the paper shredding, but the boy waving to his pa while watching from the window as the tractor goes by..... sweet!

YES, you have our prayers, prayers for success the first time around so you can have a June 1st embassy date!
:-)
Maria

Paul and DeeDee said...

I can not believe this day is finally here! We will be joining you all in prayer!

AprilM said...

Troy, We're praying that the favor of God will be with your case and everything will go great in court and that you'll will be bringing Silas home soon!!!God Bless!!!

Becky said...

It's good you're finding things to keep you busy. That helps with the waiting. I have the busiest day ever on Thursday. I'm sure God arranged that for me :)

Here's a longer range view for you: Silas mowing the lawn while YOU wave from the window. Hee hee!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

So true!!! God is in control, but that precious one can't wait to be home- now!!!! I am sure you both have HUGE smiles on!!

Kristi J said...

oh, I can't wait to see you as a Daddy and Amber as a Mommy...Praying I get to witness it first hand..we'll see :) So excited about tonight :) kj