Thursday, May 21, 2009

Silas' Pad

It's still surreal. It still doesn't seem real. I don't think it will be real until I'm on the plane. Or at the Union Hotel. Or outside of Hannah Hope's gate. Or seeing our boy for the first time. Julie Beeler told me that even when you come home, it still is unreal. I can totally appreciate that.

We want to thank EVERYONE for the well wishes and prayers ... I think we had almost 100 comments on facebook, our blog and emails ... the support and love has been overwhelming ... thankyou!thankyou!thankyou!

So we got Silas' window blinds in yesterday ... I got them installed today and that pretty much finishes his room. We're still thinking about a couple things but overall, it's close. So, I figured it was time to reveal it...

Now, first, his room is HUGE. The builders of our house 25 years ago made the spare rooms as big or bigger than the master bedroom. The great thing about that is that sharing a bedroom won't be an issue. In the meantime, Silas will be livin' large until he gets a brother.

This is the view from his door. We feel SO much better with the new carpet in there ... we have no worries on him crawling or playing on this ... the old stuff ... well, let's just say ... yeah, let's not. It's just good he's got new carpet :)

The view of his crib wall. We're very happy how it turned out.


His crib and bedding...


The pictures on the crib wall shelf are all pics of our boy ... here's one of our favorites! This will have to do for the time being ... we're not going to show his full picture until we're back home for multiple reasons ... sorry!

His dresser and our glider ... Amber was sitting in the chair while I was doing other pictures in the room ... dreaming of holding him and reading too him every night.


Scripture verse above his dresser...


This is the book shelf that Amber's Dad and I made. We've got it filled with his books, his "tiger" bank and extra storage baskets.


This is the print above the bookcase ... we love it. It has the verse "Love always Protects, always Trusts, always Hopes, always Perseveres 1 Corinthians 13:7"


This is the view from the window by his dresser back towards the door of his room. We had a spare full bed in here before and kept it in his room. We figured we'd be sleeping on it quite a bit when we transition him upstairs to his room or when he's sick or when we want to just be in the same room as him. We have a ton of pillows on it so it'll be like a 'daybed' ... there's still more pillows that Amber's mom has finished that need to go on it...


The toybox/window seat that I built ... I can see us hanging out up here reading to Silas as well...

Closer shot of the window seat/toybox


This is the Africa that we traced, cut out, and painted. It's on the wall above the bed.


This cross is on another wall near the bed. "Children are a gift from God Psalm 127:3" ... courtesy of Paul & DeeDee ... thanks guys!


So not only is our boy's room huge ... so is his closet! (pardon the mess) ... Another great feature for when he's got a roommate in the future :) There's also space behind the closet that I want to finish out in the next couple years so he can have a little 'fort' back there ... I'm sure he'd play more in that space than anywhere else.
We love his room and can't wait to hang out with him in it. We like hanging out there now and don't want to leave ... can't imagine what it'll be like when he's here :)

15 comments:

Tisha Alexander said...

The room looks AMAZING! You guys have done a wonderful job and you finished JUST IN TIME!!!!!

I am just so happy for you guys. You two are such great parents. I can't wait to meet Silas.

jody said...

just wait till it is filled with stinky boy socks, then you'll want to come out of there FAST-haha! his room is awesome, and like 10 times the size of my bedroom, totally jealous...

Kerrie (Kendal's Mommy) said...

His room is unbelievable. You both did such an amazing job. I am so excited for the both of you!

Amber said...

You guys! This is awesome! I remember the post where you revealed the African continent. Didn't Amber's dad carve it?

Anyway the room looks great and there is that James verse;)

travel buddies..
Justin and Amber Wehrle

Connie C said...

I can't believe how different the room looks now that it's Sila's room vs just the 'guest room'. It turned out great!!

Dawn said...

Troy & Amber!! The room looks AWESOME!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Can Jaxson come over and play with Silas?? I'm so excited for you guys!! You are leaving SOON to get YOUR son!!! :)

A Team said...

HELLO!
Can I come live in Silas' room??? PLEASE? ps... I have a husband and 4 kids... we might keep him up at night. CRUD!

I LOVE IT!
U guys should get into decorating.
Don't paint anything green! (like my kitchen!)

nell ann said...

Wow! That's incredible! I was all excited about showing off ours, but now I am rethinking. It will looks so plain -- and so small! Silas will love his room and will be the envy of all the boys (and girls) for sure!

Mandy said...

You guys did a great job! What an awesome room! That was a lot of work and I can see all of the love that was put into it.

Eastiopians said...

You guys win the best-nursery-ever award! That is I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E
It is certainly a large room...wow! I remember hanging out in Eva's nursery before she was born, and joy and peace would wash over me. I am so happy for you guys....it will be the most amazing feeling when he is in the room and touches those things making them his own. You will be in awe of him. Thanks for sharing the pics....I'd love to know where you got the giraffe print/pic and also more about the Africa stencil if/when you have time. God bless your family, Theresa

Brian and Autumn said...

gorgeous room... all the work you guys did will be SO worth it when you see your sweet baby in it!

Tara said...

a room fit for a king! how cute! we are probably traveling with you guys if we pass our TB test, look forward to meeting you and your son!!

Paul and DeeDee said...

WOW! It looks so great! That cross just pulls the whole room together:) LOL! I can't wait to see Silas sleeping in that beautiful bed! This has given me some motivation to go upstairs and finish some painting.....Have I mentioned that I hate painting?

Kristi J said...

That is one awesome room!!! I love it...What a great room for a wonderful little boy :) kj

Christi said...

COOL room! Silas is going too absolutely LOVE it!! GREAT job, you guys!