Sunday, May 20, 2012

3 years ago today…

We passed court in Ethiopia, and Silas Abrham Lucht officially became our son!  In honor of this boy we love so much, I thought I would share a few things about him at this fun age of 3.5 years old:

May 2012

1. He will randomly and unprompted tell Troy & I he loves us at least one time a day

2. He loves to sit and hear stories about people.  He especially enjoys hearing about the various adventures Pappaw had as a railroad engineer

3. We always have to test out at least 2 or 3 lawnmowers every time we visit Lowes.  He wants to know every detail about the mowers(where you turn the blades on, etc…).  Unfortunately, daddy does all the mowing at our house so I am not very helpful with answering his questions if daddy isn’t there

4.  Caillou is still his favorite cartoon

5. He still loves being outdoors, and he is really enjoying a swing set that some friends recently gave us

6. He loves going to the library every week, and Troy or I will often get a sore throat before he tires of us reading to him:)

7. He transitioned smoothly into the preschool class at church at the beginning of this year, and he is cruising along like a champ.  I love the fact that his little class at our small church has at least 3 or 4 adopted children in it.  He doesn’t realize it yet, but what a unique bond he’ll have with these kiddos!

8. He frequently talks about his sister, prays for her, and informs us of all the things he is going to teach her when she gets home

I could go on and on, but I will stop here.  Troy and I love this boy to pieces, and I am forever grateful God’s plan was for Silas to be our son.  We are blessed!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

He is precious you guys! Our son Moses will celebrate 3 years home from Ethiopia in Sept...goes so fast! Praying for you as you wait for your little girl, and I am praying for her too!
God Bless!