Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father’s Day 2012

Today is Father’s Day, and I would like to start by giving thanks for the man pictured with Silas below.  This is my dad, and I am so thankful for the role he has played in my life.  Although we haven’t always seen eye to eye on everything, I have never once doubted his unconditional love for me.  He also played a pivotal role in introducing me to my Heavenly Father, and I will forever be grateful for that!

May 2012 020

Second, I would like to give thanks for my husband, Troy, who is the best ‘daddy’ I know to our son, Silas.  The thing I admire most in Troy’s role as a father is the fact that he is very intentional with Silas in everything he does.  His number one desire is for Silas to know Jesus Christ as his personal Savior, and Troy does a great job demonstrating what a relationship with Him looks like.  I know he doesn’t get as much quantity time as he would like with Silas, but I can testify that he makes the moments he does have count!  As you can see in the pictures below, Silas likes to be right where his daddy is at, and I pray that his daddy’s prayers for him to be used in mighty ways for God’s kingdom will be answered.

June2012 001

June2012 018

June2012 017 

June2012 020

 

Finally, I had to include the picture below because it is clearly shows how much our sweet boy admires his daddy.  Silas is wearing Troy’s hat, and he is at the wheel of daddy’s old ‘beater’ truck with his buddy, Kage.  He’s crying because it is time for him to go and he wanted to keep playing.  Happy Father’s Day to all the amazing fathers today.  I hope it was a blessed one!

June2012 019

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.  ~Clarence Budington Kelland

No comments: