Once again, where has the time gone? Our precious girl turned two this past Friday, June 6. As hard as it is to believe, we love being on the sidelines as she continues to grow and develop. She definitely keeps us entertained, and we wouldn’t have it any other way!
Here are ten fun things to know about her at this brand new age of 2:
1. She is VERY verbal…like speaking full sentences and definitely not shy about her needs or wants. I love that she can communicate to us what she wants, but we are having to tame the ‘no mama/daddy’ and finger waving down a bit these days!
2. She loves to dance. If she hears anything with a beat, you can see her little body start moving. So cute.
3. She is a good eater. She will try most anything we offer, and she often asks for things off our plates that we think may be too spicy for her(raw onions, hot sauce, etc..).
4. She can be opinionated when it comes to her clothes/shoes, and she isn’t afraid to let you know what she does/does not want to wear.
5. She gives the best hugs and all over your mouth kisses when she wants to.
6.She loves animals, and we haven’t really met any that she seems to be afraid of yet.
7. I keep telling Troy she’s an ‘old soul’ in a little body. I truly feel like she gets/understands things that you wouldn’t necessarily expect out of a two year old.
8. She will sit and watch the entire movie of Frozen. I don’t quite understand the hype about that movie, but it definitely manages to put both of our children in a trance! Saylor loves all things having to do with Queen Elsa!
9. She is working on her potty training. We have been using tic tacs or sweetarts as a reward, and it has backfired on us a bit. We can be anywhere now, and in her mind, if she screams “I’m clean and dry mama”(whether she is or not) that means she should get a sweetart, tic tac, etc… We try to deter her by saying “Good job! Stay clean and dry!”; however, she is onto us and this often results in tears. Whew! It can be a bit exhausting at times!
10. She has the best laugh, and the best way to elicit it is to tickle her under her chin.
Now…onto her birthday celebration. Her official party was Saturday, but we celebrated a little early with some family(including Saylor’s Great Mammaw!) that came in on Friday. We kept her party small again this year with an ‘ice cream’ theme, and we felt it most appropriate to invite some of our friends who babysit for and love on Saylor the most! I will let the pictures do the talking, but all in all, she had a great day. The weather was perfect, she got to eat ice cream, and she was surrounded by loving family and friends!
Saylor, as you embark on this next year of your life, always know that we love you more than words can express. God knew you were exactly the missing piece to our family, and we would do that looooong wait at #1 for you all over again because you are worth it! You bring so much joy to our home, and we look forward to what God has in store for your future. Happy Birthday sweet girl!